Kansas Senator Jerry Moran introduced legislation to prohibit the Obama administration from negotiating away our gun rights as part of the UN Arms Trade Treaty (ATT).
The ATT is a backdoor attempt to impose massive restrictions on U.S. gun rights. While negotiations on the treaty are being held behind closed doors, it is certain to include language that will:
- Require the registration and licensure of American firearms;
- Ban large categories of firearms;
- Require the mandatory destruction of surplus ammo and confiscated firearms;
- Define manufacturing so broadly that any gun owner who adds an accessory such as a scope or changes a stock on a firearm would be required to obtain a manufacturing license;
- Require “microstamping” of ammunition.
The treaty could also be self-executing, which would mean that it would achieve its anti-gun objectives whether or not implementing legislation was passed by Congress.
Some people think the U.S. would never sign off on such a treaty. Well, think again. Assume nothing.
An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject.