I will bet this comes as a surprise to no one … Crime stats they’d rather you not hear.
Following the tragedy of the Newtown, Conn., shooting that left 26 people dead, including 20 children, there has been a lot of talk about increased gun control. You want crime in your area to rise. listen to the media, because they are lying to you. Almost as bad as Feinstein is doing.
Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) has reintroduced an expired “assault” weapons ban in the Senate, British CNN host Piers Morgan has made it his full-time job educating Americans on the dangers of firearms, and left-leaning filmmaker Michael Moore has pleaded with “frightened,” gun-loving Americans to resolve their “race” problems.
But here’s the thing: There are many facts and figures regarding violent crime in U.S. that have been left out of the debate on gun control. In fact, the data you’re not hearing about could make all the difference.
The following video from from Amidst The Noise entitled “Choose Your Own Crime Stats” tackles this exact issue.
“Does it not play into their fear agenda?” the narrator asks. “That, you know, you’re going to walk out your front door and get shot?”
He also notes that you can pinpoint where most of the crime is taking place, but when you try and bring that up nobody wants to listen. The implication? Instead of a national policy against guns, why aren’t we focusing on the problem areas?
And yes, he throws cold water on the argument that violence is less prevalent in areas such as England (much like TheBlaze has already done).
For instance, did you know that:
- Between 1992 and 2011, the violent crime rate in the U.S. has fallen by almost 50 percent (from 757.7 per 100,000 to 386.3 per 100,000).
- The murder rate in 2011 rate was 4.7 per 100,000, down from 1992’s 9.3 per 100,000. That’s a 54 percent decrease.
- In metropolitan areas where the population is greater than 250,000, the violent crime rate is double that of the national average.
- In metropolitan areas where the population is greater than 250,000, the murder rate is double that of the national average.
- Difi first AW ban in 1994, made no discernible difference in violent crime, which is why it was allowed to lapse.
These are just a few of the facts you’ll hear in Amidst The Noise’s video that’s starting to make the rounds.
CCW did it!!!
Even our local litard rag in Florida had to acknowledge that, in a piece about building two new local shooting ranges.