Statist Dopes always do this …
Following a New York court’s 11th-hour ruling that overturned Mayor Bloomberg’s “soda ban,” at least one liberal TV host could not contain her anger. MSNBC and “Morning Joe” host Mika Brzezinski was not just visibly upset by the news, she went on a bit of a crazed rant that included some strong accusations.
A few of the charges and outrageous statements made this morning from the host:
- Industry groups like theater owners serve popcorn that is so full of salt it will kill you and these big drinks that you sit for two hours and drink and become sick… uh, they were elated.
- Oh, look at this! (mocking tone) The American Beverage Association is relieved because they can continue to make money poisoning people.
- At some point there will be a clamp down on the beverage industry, just like the cigarette industry. And they will wear a black hat.
- Legal action will continue until they are brought down… Until they stop putting sugar, salts, and terrible fats into our food and making them addictive.
- Don’t be mad at me about that, be mad that you buy this stuff again and again and again. These companies feel like they have to produce poison for you and your children.
- I’m just saying, it’s killing us and it’s killing our children. It’s liquid sugar and sugar is poison.
Joe Scarborough made an effort to temper his co-host’s outrage, saying, ““Most New Yorkers agree with this judge. Don’t tell us what to drink.” Mika did not care about public opinion, she was on a mission to deliver her message and continued.